Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Scoop

First blog!

Here's the scoop on our crazy life...

We don't have many answers to life until Mike gets his military orders - his orders will outline when he's to report to Yakota AFB in Japan and how long he'll be there and who he's allowed to bring (me!) and all that stuff. Once his orders are released, we can figure out when the moving crew is coming to Newton to pack up our few belongings, apply for on base housing in Japan, I can apply for civilian jobs at Yakota, and Mike can figure out if he's able to come home for 12 days for RAP (recuiters assistance program). He'll come back to Iowa and travel around with his recruiter and help out. I'm assuming he'd go to High Schools and Malls and stuff to talk about his bootcamp experiance, where he's headed, why people should sign up. Stuff like that... We're thinking he'll leave for Japan end of March (nothings set in stone, could be mid april, could be this summer!) and I'll follow him as soon as I'm able to. We're waiting for my military passport. I can't travel to Japan without it. I sent in the application Feb 5th and everyone says 6-8 weeks for it to process. I'm hoping it's sooner than that, regular passports are only taking 3 weeks to process and I've already applied and received my regular passport.

That's the scoop - but that doesn't mean it won't change. Mike and I met a lady who's husband is being sent to Korea. He's a pilot and graduated tech school March 2008. They expected to leave that summer, summer turned into fall, fall turned into winter... long story short almost a year after he graduated they are both still living in Wichita Falls TX and not in Korea. I hope that doesn't happen to Mike and I! God's in control, we can't do anything but trust he'll take care of us.

I'll be posting pictures to this as I can - reading our story is fun, but pictures are more interesting in my opinion. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment