Did you know that not every country makes chocolate chip cookies?
A few days ago, Mike, Brittany and myself went to a Japanese mall. After walking around for a while, I got the craving for some warm chocolate chip cookies. There was a grocery store in this mall (which I think is common in Japan) and so we went off looking for chocolate chips. We had all the other ingredients at home from previous cravings.
After isles and isles of dehydrated fish, fried and caramelized somethings, and other unknown foods... we came to the conclusion that the Japanese people do not bake. We found no recognizable flour, sugar, chocolate chips, or other baking necessities. Let me tell you, it's quite unfortunate. After much thought and concentration, I believe it is because the average Japanese kitchen's oven is the equivalent to a small toaster oven in the states. I've been told that the best gift to a Japanese person is a cake because they can't bake one themselves and it's quite a treat to receive one. Another good gift is a mellon because they are so outrageously priced in Japan. On base they are pretty reasonable - don't ask me a price though, Mike and I aren't mellon people. =)
On another note, We got a new vacuum this weekend!!!! It's a dyson and it's AMAZING. It cleaned my carpets pretty well. We've got brown carpet in the apartment, so because I couldn't see dirt on the ground I'd assume it was clean enough. The dyson has changed my mind quite drastically. It created a dust ball in the bagless dust chamber after only half a room! gross. I love my dyson. I may create a habit of this vaccuming thing. =) **my floors are quite clean now, they hadn't been vaccumed in at least a month, which is probably the reason for the dust bunny...**
Hopefully our next home purchase will be a grill. I'm ready to make hotdogs and hamburgers on our tiny patio. =)
Hopefully I'll never go this long without posting again. =)
what kind of dyson did you get? the ball one? the animal? i have seen those and they look amazing
ReplyDeleteI wish we could have gotten the ball one... They only had one dyson at the BX so that's the one we got. =) It's a Dyson DC07 All Floors - it's got just amazing suction. We've got a 5 year warranty on it, and I hear the customer service is just great.
ReplyDeleteAfter talking to you about vaccums, I took my Oreck in for a "tune-up" and found out it's terminal. Yes, sadly, it has a crack in it's watchamacallit. $135 to try to save it. But, I've decided to let it go peacefully and adopt a new one. Someday. Right now, it's still working. I just have the tiniest bit of dust blown out the back. Gives me an excuse of the layer of dust covering the mantel.
ReplyDelete