Every blog I've ever written has started with me sitting down to the computer feeling like I should write, but clueless as to what I should be writing about.
Any other bloggers feel this way? It's kinda discouraging. Confusing.
Also, with every blog I've ever written, I've started out by typing something along those lines.
"I don't know what I should be writing about"
"I know I haven't written in a while, but I know that I should"
"Not long ago I thought of something to blog about, but since then I've forgotten. Darn."
Then I delete whatever I wrote because I know that it's not the correct way to start a blog. No one wants to hear "Today I'm going to talk about blah blah blah." I remember English teachers saying over and over again - you don't need to tell me what you're going to talk about. Just start talking!
But.... what if the process you use to start writing something worthwhile (the process outlined above) doesn't work like it usually does? Does that mean that you should just delete everything and sign off?? Or can you keep writing and writing and writing... about not being able to write about anything worthwhile.
Pretty deep right? haha! I'm going to blame the cold medicine I'm on for that one.
Yesterday or the day before, I started getting symptoms of a cold / allergy thing. I've been going back and forth as to whether it's a cold or not. You see, the cherry blossoms are past the blooming stage and the petals are now floating around in the breeze. While it's very pretty, it's not so good on my nasal passages. This morning I woke up thinking it was a cold because I'm achy, but I'm still not sure what it is. My go to allergy drug just isn't cutting it so far. It's just making me feel in a fog with my box of tissues.
WELL - I don't' know about you, but I think this is one worthless entry! Like I said before, I feel like I should write, but don't know what to write about... hopefully this will suffice that "gotta blog" feeling. At least for a little while.
Greetings from Japan! =)
I love you Jessie, no matter what your topic of blog is! It's just good to hear from you! Keep up the great work! See you soon!!!!!
ReplyDeletethat's how a lot of my best entries start. where i have the urge to write without any real purpose, so i just keep going and by the end of it i've written a 3 pg, very involved entry. so it's pretty fun to just keep going. :)
ReplyDeleteas far as your cold, try to find some garlic pills, they'll help boost your immune system without the fog from the drugs. and any vitamin D3 is good too. :) they're my staples when i feel yucky. i hate the cold medicine feeling.