So I wrote about spring cleaning this week... Since I've decided to be a cleaning maniac (slight exaggeration) my nails have gone to crap! They are all weak and flimsy, cracked and peely. =( Next time I'm wearing some good rubber gloves.
Today, I somehow tore a good chunk of my thumb nail off. It was awful. It hurts to type now. I had to cut it so short that it seems like it should have bled, but it didn't. I think it's just because the skin has been protected by a good strong nail for so long it's not used to the elements (my keyboard).
Also, after a week of normal people skin, my yucky dry skin is back. Bleh! For most of the winter I've had tight, red, dry skin on my face and last week it went away. I'm super bummed that it's back. Maybe I'll have to once again seclude myself in the house and keep applying some heavy duty super greasy lotion to the dry spots all day long. I want normal skin again. Dry skin is no fun.
Lastly, today while I was carrying a basket overflowing with the comforter to our bed out the door (on the way to the laundromat for the industrial sized washer) the wire screen on our door took off about 5 layers of skin from my knuckles. OUCH!
On a brighter note, I found 3 pairs of dress pants for my job at school for only 5 bucks each! They will need to be hemmed, but that will just give me something to do while I'm taking time to doctor my dry skin this week. =)
don't use the lotion -- i have been using coconut oil (primarily used for cooking but totally can be used on your skin) and it's amaaazing. it only takes a little bit and it melts almost instantly. it usually comes as a solid. but then you don't have to worry about all the yucky additives and such getting you all toxic.
ReplyDeletei read all your entries. i'm just crap at commenting. i'll go back through and try to leave some!