I don't know whether to be excited or sad. This morning Mike went to work, hugged me goodbye, I said have a good day - then I went about my morning business. 3 minutes later, he was back in the house. My heart sank. What was wrong? Was his car not starting again? He answered my questions - "I have to let it defrost. Do we have an ice scraper?"
What?!? Ice? On the windows of your car? That's never happened in Japan. I thought it wouldn't happen. Of course it COULD, but surely it wouldn't. No, we didn't have an ice scraper. It had rained in the night and frosted in the chilly early morning. I don't expect the frost to become a frequent visitor like it is in the fall and winter in Iowa. No, because that would mean we need to invest in an ice scraper. =)
It was a great start to a cheerful Tuesday!
what's winter weather like in japan?
ReplyDeleteWhere I live near Tokyo, it's cold with no snow. And by cold I mean mid 30s for a low (so far). It was in the 50s yesterday afternoon. But an hour or two away it's snow and mountains, snowboarding and skiing, tire chains required.
ReplyDeleteIn Okinawa, which is an island south of Japan, It's chilly - but not cold. No Snow, beautiful ocean instead.
No need to invest in an ice scraper...just use one of those credit cards in your wallet! :) They come in handy for more than just that quick impulse purchase!!
ReplyDelete