Last Saturday Mike and I volunteered to babysit for a couple that works with Mike. About half an hour before we were headed over to their place they canceled. The baby had a cough and it was getting worse. We already had our shoes on and had put Cheeky the dog away in the kitchen... so we decided to go somewhere. Mike's first suggestion was bowling and I wanted pizza. The bowling alley has pizza AND bowling. It was decided.
Well, I know I'm not a good bowler. I make Mike laugh when I get that heavy ball down the lane. Apparently, instead of taking 3 or 5 steps then gently sending the ball down the lane, I take 4 steps with a skip/hop then loft it so I don't hit my leg with the ball. I'm incapable of hitting pins without skip/hopping when I bowl, I know because I tried not to in order to better my score. Actually, when I didn't skip/hop I hit my leg with the ball and that hurt a lot. Mike says that it's OK to skip and hop as long as I do it the same way every time. haha! Form is everything!
Well, the first game I had 37 and Mike had over 100 points more than me. The second time I was determined to get a better score than 37, and I did! I got in the low 50s. Victory - but only kind of because there still were A LOT of gutter balls on the scoreboard. The third game I got in the low 60s I believe (I forget now, but I know I beat my second game score.) Three games were enough fun for me and I was done playing. For three games, MIke tried to help me improve my score, but to me it just wasn't happening. Maybe it was the smile on his face every time I got another gutter that stopped me? =) It got so bad that after a few frames of gutters I finally got 2 pins and excitedly yelled "PINS!" and ran back to hug MIke. haha! What a great bowler I am.
I saw that the bowling alley offers lessons, but the fee for lessons includes buying a bowling ball and a bag for over 100 dollars. Um, no thanks. I'll stick to my laughable low score. At least I make everyone else look AWESOME!
Jess, you are so cute! I think you inherited your bowling skills from me! But you should have watched G'Pa Ernie Wii Bowl! He actually didn't do too bad once he got the hang of the controller! Gotta give him credit for trying.
ReplyDeleteKeep blogging :)