Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately... it makes me feel bad for not writing on my own. hm

My biggest problem with writing is find things to write about - Have I told you all that before?

I heard that in Iowa there's snow... There no snow here. Not even close - the tree outside our patio is still green. =( In fact, it's 50 degrees outside. No frost on the car windows in the morning. It's just not right! It's december!

Yesterday I tried to put up Christmas lights outside, but there's nothing to connect the lights to. Out patio railing is really just a 6 inch think, 4 foot high cement wall. Tape can't work, and I can't use hooks because it's cement. If anyone has ideas - PLEASE let me know. I wanna hang my icicle lights.

On the bright side, we've got loads of presents under our tree! Presents from family back in the states are coming in the mail, and I'm nearly finished shopping for Mike! It's so fun looking at all those boxes in the living room. =0

Also - the thing I've learned from reading my friends' blogs, they don't have to be long!

Talk to you soon (that's my goal!)

4 comments:

  1. can you hang like a stiff wire over the wall?
    like so: (the +s are the wall. the rest are hooks)

    ____
    /====\
    |====|
    ====\
    ==== \_| and then hang the lights on the hook?
    i bet you could do it with a few old wire hangers. if you do it right, it should scientifically stay.

    let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah. it didn't work out the way i thought, but i think you can get the jist. and i meant the =s are the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try contact hooks. There pretty great I think they make some specifically for cement. If not just rubber cement them there and enjoy them year round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well there's a good idea. blogging more often - genius! :) looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete