Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Our apartment is pretty small, so I didn't figure spring cleaning was really that big of a deal. Actually, being a new wife, and having a place to call our own for an entire year straight for the first time EVER, I didn't even think of cleaning until a friend here in Japan commented that she got her cleaning done in record time because our houses are so small. =)

This week Mike is working 12 hour shifts because of the base "exercise" (pretend wartime). I decided instead of wasting time on the computer or tv, I'd clean. It's sorta worked out - I've still wasted time on facebook or watching movies in the middle of the day, but I've also got lots of cleaning done.

What I'm wondering is, how did my walls get so dirty? Tomorrow (maybe this afternoon...) I'm planning on cutting open one of our milk jugs and scrubbing down the walls. We do have a bucket, but it's excessively large. I bought it for Mike to wash his car, it was the only one I saw! ANYWAY, there are dirty smudges on our white walls, and not just on the normal places like light switches.. I found some down near the floor boards! I'd like to blame the dog, because I'm not sure how else they got there.

In short, I've decided maybe I should be spring cleaning more often. Not just laundry, kitchen counters, bathroom... Maybe a monthly scrub of our cupboards? Creating wonder with the magic eraser on the walls? Heck, washing the puppy nose smudges off the patio glass window should probably be done more than twice a year. =)

I'd like to say I'm not a slob, but I think my sister and husband would remind me of the truth.
How about a recovering mess-a-holic? Can I be that instead?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the state of your house, but I can probably guess. :) Oh, Messy Jessie!

    I love you, despite everything. ;) (just kidding of course - can't wait to see you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. magic erasers are like God's gift. seriously. they're super awesome. you should watch a video on how they work.. 'cause i always wondered and i would have never guessed how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nichole Diehm :)April 09, 2010

    That last sentence sounded like something I'd say (minus the sister part lol) Cleaning, for me, is a random act. I'll get into these meticulous cleaning "moods" where I see one dirty dish in the sink (the trigger) and the next thing you know, I'm laying on the floor, cleaning out the cobwebs from under the dining room chairs...yet other days the place could be a disaster and I just spend the day being lazy. Elliott has yet to understand it...as do I. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT Nichole. Thats EXACTLY how I am. I'm so glad I'm not the only one (and I don't understand it either!)

    ReplyDelete