Sunday, March 22, 2009

3.5 days

I don't know about Mike - but I'm getting used to the thought of Japan... Very very slowly, but it's happening. =) Thank you sooooo much Jeska for that comment!

Following the advice of several people, I've decided to keep in mind the positive things about this move instead of the negative ones. If I think about the negative ones I get all sad faced and pouty. Mike is being amazing at keeping my chin up - he's doing everything he can to make me smile for a few more days.

Positive things about moving
  • There will be people my age who will have left their friends and family in the states as well. What an easy way to start conversations - "I'm new, how did you deal with leaving the states?"
  • Finally, my life will actually start. I'm no longer a student, I'm not at a job I'll be at for less than a year, I get to live with my husband (I'm remembering why I got married in the first place...)
  • Even though it will sometimes be scary, what an experiance! Literally, everyone I talk to say "That's so cool... What an adventure! How exciting!"
  • It's not forever. 3 years is not forever. And the internet makes staying in touch so easy! With that said - you readers out there MUST contact me with what's going on in your life too. What fun is it for me to post everything that's going on if I don't know what's up in Iowa?!? Email Mike and I at mike.n.jess1228@gmail.com. please. it's easy.
  • I get to settle and attempt to make my place my own. I'll have the opportunity to find trinkets and such to put on my walls and on my bookshelf. Things that few people back in the states will have (once our time with the Air Force is done)
  • I get to be a wife - something that I've dreamed of since I was a little girl. It's hard to be a long distance wife. You can't do wifey things as easily from 800 miles away. =)

I've got one more thing to do before I submit my application for a programming job in Japan. Typing test here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to ask you how it feels to be a wife for a long time, but you really haven't been able to yet, so I couldn't ask! Now you finally get to be! (after being married for nearly 3 months!)

    You're adorable, Jess. The Japanese people are going to love you and you're going to make a lot of great friends. You'll have a hard time coming back to the US in 3 years!!

    ReplyDelete