Another update - life is going super fast!
Mike won't be able to leave for Japan until March 22nd because that is the earliest port call availble. Port call is a date airmen have to report to leave. I think they set dates so they send a group of people all at once. Anyway, He called his recruiter and RAP is still availble. His recruiter said that he could start as soon as Monday. BUT! Mike doesn't know if he'll be in Iowa by Monday for sure. When he's able to come home is depending on when he gets his port call. He's guessing he'll know in 1-3 days, but that's just a guess. My 3 new favorite words (not) "we don't know" =)
Still waiting on the passport... Mike's checking his mail everyday which is a real adjustment for him. =) He hadn't checked it in weeks until I reminded him the passport would be sent to Sheppard instead of Newton.
That's all I got so far. I finished our taxes last night - being married gets you a lot more money back from the gov't! Woot!
Here we go! Hey-yo!!
ReplyDeleteBeing married DOES give you back a lot more--just one more reason to detest being single. ;)
I'm glad you're staying just a little bit longer. I couldn't bear to see you leave in a few days!