YAY! Mike flew into Des Moines just fine on Monday night and we went out to dinner before heading home. It was so nice to share a conversation with him without having a phone stuck to my face. =) I'm really glad we decided to hold off on dinner until 8:00 when he arrived, once we got back to Newton my family was very excited to see him as well. They looked at pictures on his camera and talked with him about tech school and the like for a while. Luckily it was close to 10:00 before we got home so they couldn't keep it up for long. All and all it was a wonderful night. =)
Mike got a head cold shortly after arriving in Iowa. I'm guessing it has something to do with him changing from warm, windy, dry Texas to cold, rainy, yucky Iowa. =) He's slowly getting better.
My dad, little brother, and Mike played cut throat racketball today at the YMCA. I'm blaming Mike's congestion and cough for the outcome. Poor guy!
My offical "termination date" with Principal is March 20th. Needless to say, it's getting harder and harder to get up in the mornings to drive into work. I usually enjoy my job, but somehow staying home with my mom, brother and Mike seems a millions times more fun than fighting with a database system for 8 hours.
So that's the latest update - still no word on my passport... I should really be starting my application as a civilian programmer at the Yokota Air Base, no fun. =(
Woot! I told you March 20th!! :D
ReplyDeleteIf I don't go to Arkansas next week, I'll be staying home with YOU guys!! (well, Mike and Shane.) We'll have a blast!