So Friday afternoon Mike got his port call - He's finishing up outprocessing from his base in Texas on Monday and will be back in Iowa that night at 7:00pm.
I'm really excited to have him home but at the same time nervous because he'll be leaving soon. =( He'll fly out of Des Moines March 24th to go to Seattle Washington. Then he'll leave early morning on a long long flight to Japan. Part of me wants my passport to come in ASAP so I can go with him to Seattle then to Tokyo - but other parts want to stay home and be with my family and friends for as long as possible.
I go back and forth every hour it seems like. When I talk to people I get excited about traveling and seeing new places because they are excited for me - but when I'm by myself I think more about the strain on our relationships this move will be. We're both terrible at keeping in touch with people - family, friends, best friends... Doesn't matter. I'll forget to call or drop a line pretty easily. =s I promise I don't do it on purpose, I have a blast when I'm with people. I guess it's just that when I'm alone it's really easy to drop into this bottomless pit of loneliness. Oddly enough it's easy to forget the remedy!
SO.... The reason for this post is just to let the whole world know, Mike will be home Monday - yes, this Monday - and will be leaving the country the 25th. Still no word on my passport... bleh.
Wait... Mike comes home this monday (as in the 9th)? Does he get to stay the entire week or does he have to travel?
ReplyDeleteAs for how you're feeling about it--keep in mind, it's all in God's plan. If your passport shows, you go. If it doesn't, you stay. It's all completely out of your control so being anxious about it won't help at all. I know it's hard though; I'm anxious for you! But we gotta rely that God has the best in mind.
We love you Jess, and we'll miss you. We know how ditzy you are too, so we'll try not to take it personally when you forget to write. I do expect letters though! I'll try my hardest to do the same! I love you!!!
I sure hope its good weather, I'd really like to see Mikey off in Seattle. The 8 hours would be worth it. 3 years seems a extrenous amount of time without you guys. I mean living 6 states away and holidays isn't enough now. Well, I'll jump a plane to Tokoyo soon anyway.
ReplyDelete