So we thought Mike would be leaving on the 22nd, but apparently even that isn't for sure. Mike is waiting for his port call - the earliest he could leave is the 22nd of March but he might not be able to leave until April. Again, "we don't know". We're thinking he'll find out his port call within a few days, then we'll know. =)
Also, we thought he'd be home this weekend - but he won't be. =) We think he'll be back in Iowa within a week or so, but that might change if his port call is in April.
All the excitement from earlier this week has almost gone down the drain. We still have A LOT of unknowns. We believe we'll be in Japan in 3 to 5 weeks, but some days it seems like even that may or may not happen. Go figure.
Work told me today I need to pick an date for my last day with Principal. Apparently I can't just say "I'll be around for a few more weeks" =) I understand it why I need to pick an end date for them - it's hard to assign me to projects and create deadlines if they don't know how long I'll be around. Even though I understand why I need to provide an end date, it's still hard to pick a date because we know so little information about when we're leaving. =s
That's all I got so far.
Meh, just pick a date. March 20th. :)
ReplyDelete